Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Monday, May 19, 2008

David and the David!



I'm not a big fan of the American Idol series but in some weird ways I'm waiting for the finale of the current season. I just can't wait to see which David will sing his way to the crowd's and the judges' hearts. In the finale, David A (David Archuleta) will be going head to head with David C (David Cook). Ladies you can start screaming now. Both of them have good looks with different but phenomenal vocal talents. David A is more of a ballad person while David C is the resident rocker of American Idol now.

David Cook on the left and David Archuleta on the right.

I was blown away by Cook's performance last week. He did Aerosmith's 'I don't wanna close my eyes'. A great song already from the movie Armageddon. I prefer Cook's version over Aerosmith's. Here's a video of his performance.



I can't decide which side I'm on. Cook or Archuleta. Both of them are equally good in their own genre. I have a feeling that Archuleta will bag the prize. Btw, what happened to Malaysian Idol?

7 Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

David A reminds me of Daniel Lee.

David C reminds me of Daughtry bit bit.

I think A will win but C will make it big.

16 years old le, bulu also havent tumbuh finish.

anyway, malaysian idol was stopped as response to it didnt generate enough to cover the royalty fees. thats why we have one in a million.

Vincent said...

Yes yes David A really does have some similarities with Daniel Lee. Young. Popular among the ladies. Childish look. But Daniel Lee can't really sing while on the other hand David A is one hella singer!

Imagine David C botak and you get Daughtry.. Some more rock mya kaki..

Oh ok.. That's why. Somehow I miss our local 'Simon Cowel', Roslan Aziz. Tarak bagi muka langsung! Straight to the point and right at your face!

TheJessicat said...

brooke white all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

The similarity of David A and Daniel Lee is the big fan base of the girls and housewives.. or should i say..aunties....

The vast differences between D.A and D.L are... David A is SO MUCH BETTER in singing and pronunciation and diction!!! Not only that D.A. knows how to control his voice and tone and falsetto compared to D.L.

Malaysian Idol failed to continue its 3rd season due to the freemantle media charging over RM200 K for licensing and franchising fees. Thus, 8th Unit decided to change it into One in A Million where they can reap more revenue out of the voting by the teens. However to me, the OIAM voting system sucks big time. You can vote the contestant in or OUT.

The only thing that I miss from Msian Idol will be Paul Moss for his sarcasm and his well-known constructive and strict criticism towards the finalists.

As for AI7, I am betting on a Cookie win. However, I got a feeling that the Archie fans are going to text vote millions of times like Daniel's glory days in 2005.

Well, we should see what happens tomorrow when the AI7 finale kicks off!!

Anonymous said...

did i tell you that grace was a exco of daniel lee fanclub last time?

Anonymous said...

Errr Kevin...

that is HISTORY....

Vincent said...

LOL.. Kev are you serious? LOL..

Ok.. Ahem.. Thanx Grace for the in depth explanation. I wonder how much does American Idol reaps from the millions of text message votes received.. 8th Unit? A production company or are you refering to 8tv?

Something is telling me that Archie is gonna win. I don't know what but I predict he's gonna be the one. Cookie might not win but he will become another daughtry.