Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kampar here I come!

It was another family trip for me yesterday.. A 2 1/2 hour one... The usual one where my mum sleeps and my dad is the driver. We went all the way down south to Kampar, Perak to register me n my bro at UTAR (Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman). Hope it doesn't go bankrupt half-way through my course since MCA is already out of the elections.

Kampar is quite a small town. You have the new town (Just outside of UTAR campus) and the old town there. The old town where the bus terminal is, is not that far from the new town. It's just a trip down a road, about 3 - 4 km. UTAR looks good but still incomplete as parts of the campus are still under construction.

Here's the journey there and back in photo.


















Upon reaching there, UTAR is not as kampung as you perceived it to be.. It looks quite nice and modern..























It's not obvious here. But there are actually egrets (bangau) on the island there.






Head over to the old town of Kampar for lunch.. Looks like the town of Penang. Guess all old chinese towns look the same.














Ducks? Quack quack..






Ipoh chicken biscuits!


Pomelos' minus the girl...


This should be the girl's mother... Hope it is..


















This was taken at the Sg Perak rest area. Good to know our money went to this rather than someone's pocket.. Perhaps a 'pinch' of it went somewhere..










14 Comment(s):

TheJessicat said...

hey! we were in perak on the same day... haha.

and NO. u are not to leave us!!! nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Vincent said...

Well.. It's for the better good.. I must.

TheJessicat said...

apa lu merepek. better good? as if thrs no good colleges in pg

hmph

Anonymous said...

what bout sixth form? but its tough.

anyway, kampar claypot chicken rice is the best in the world. its a corner shop one or two streets off the main kampar road. (the side behind ACS Kampar).

Vincent said...

been to sixth form n died.

ACS Kampar? Wat's ACS? A school? I'll look for it when I'm there again. Thanx Kev. You're from Kampar?

rachelK said...

wat??? vincent , seriously u study at UTAR ?? u decide d ?? nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo way !!! dun be the other LALA !

penang dun ahv school kah ? tsk tsk tsk.. our gang break again . saddist

Anonymous said...

ACS is a school sorry. anglo chinese school.

i'm from ipoh. makan king. hahahahha

Anonymous said...

Ehh......your campus is very beautiful. What course you're enrolling in btw?

You snap using ur phone is it? What model? The picture's pretty ok, inferior to real digital cameras though, yohohoho.

Vincent said...

rach : yes registered d, no not all of them are lala.

kev : ahhh.. I think I saw one on the way to Ipoh. Will try n find it the next time I'm there. Thanx for the tip.

tokmoh : Foundation in Arts. Leading to.. Not sure yet.. Could b Business line..

Yes it's from my phone's camera. Erm.. It's 5610 ExpressMusic, the sliding one. Yes the quality is not bad, 3.2mp but still it sucks at zooming. Digital zoom ma..

rachelK said...

aiyaaaaaaaaaaa... y la!!!!
u made our group pecah again !!!!
=( .. really? not all lala ? cant belive . so when u START UR COURSE TERE ? oh no shud say when u will LEAVING US !!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh......ic ic.

Ah, the 5610 Express Music!! I have a fren who uses it, I kinda like its slide button to switch to music player or radio, but unfortunately its battery life sux, need to charge every 2-3 days, just like the 5300 I used shortly previously.

Now I'm using Sony-E w810i, which has its pros n cons, the good thing is its battery can stand 4-5 days easily, the bad news is hard to sms with very, very small buttons. It has a 2.0 megapix camera which is quite ok I suppose. Though generally, except for Cybershot models, I think Nokia's camera pwn walkman's camera.

Nokia should buy LCD from Sony-E!! Sony-E's LCD will shut down COMPLETELY when not in use, whereas Nokia ones can see the screen is still on even after the backlight is off. I've always thought this is why newer nokia battery's lifespan sux. But I don't fancy Sony-E either, and I'm using Sony-E now oni cuz my sister gave it to me for......fun, lol. She kesian I always use cacat 2600, so she got me the w810i for 30 euro. Yes, that's only RM150 when converted ;) .

My dream phone would be the Iphone, yohohoho.

Vincent said...

Lol.. My cousin who's working in Singapore now has a Iphone. Cool way to operate the fon. Cubit the screen to zoom in, n part your index finger and thumb to zoom out (Opposite of cubit la..).

The batt life is quite ok. Mine still surviving after 3 days. With light usage, normally it would last up to 4 or 5 days. It's down to only 3 days if you use it heavily.

I love the camera. Yes of couse it would pawn the walkman's! But compared to the Cybershot, hmph.. Makan asap.. Cybershot has more modes compared to mine. Macro mode for instance is missing. Normal focusing is ok but trying some SLR stunt like focusing on near objects and blurring out the background is almost impossible! Sometimes it does funny things. Look at my Forgotten Temple post. I took all the photos with my phone without any filter and look how the colour turned out to be.

About the LCD, my LCD completely shuts off when not in use. It stares back with a black, blank screen. It lags quite a bit but not till it's too frusrating to use.

Ur model's button is not bad. K850i and K810i has even smaller buttons!

Johnny Ong said...

mca better keep utar running properly otherwise they wld be wiped off from the earth by next election

Vincent said...

I do hope the same too. But I've already heard complains about the housing there. It happened last year. Heard they imposed a new rule saying that when u're moving out, you have to pay an extra 1 year of rent. They forced the students to sign the contract. Hope it's better after the elections.