Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Steampunk USB

Old school tech + USB thumb drive = COOLNESS!


Carved from wood and utilizing pieces from at least 6 different pocket watches (some over 100 years old!), the designer, Rob Smith, claims he spent about 10-12 hours constructing the 16GB USB thumb drive. Adding to the aesthetic appeal, 26 rubies reflect light from the drive, and when plugged in, it glows green from beneath the gears “giving the key a good sense of movement.”


Woah.. Now I want one.. I admit that I do fall for these kinda tricks, the one where a layer of clear glass shows you how things are actually working inside. I own a Gameboy with a transparent casing and I love watches that shows you their inner workings..

Who wouldn't think this is cool? A CNY (Chinese New Year) prezzie please? Skip the 'angpows', I'd rather have this one. ;)

0 Comment(s):