Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The future is out there...

The tall thick wooden gate boomed with a thunderous growl as something slammed against it hard. Bits of the ceiling rained down on me. "BOOM!!" went the gate again and it echoed down the long stone hallway. I took my battle stance, preparing myself for whatever that is about to come through the gate.

BOOOOMM!!! The gates flew open and standing in between them was a creature, half organic, half machine which was almost as tall as a castle tower. It had horns on both sides of its head, one was as white as ivory while the other was as shiny as the blade in my clutches. In its hand was a huge battle-worn wooden maul with runes engraved into them. It was.. It was the minotaur the inscriptions warned me about earlier before I entered into the maze.

It let out a terrible roar that literally rocked the hall accompanied by the stench of its breath. Without wasting any time, I took the first move and rushed towards it. As I reached its hoofs, I started climbing it. The minotaur stomped the ground furiously in an attempt to shake me off. I struggled to hold on to it..

There were chains all over its body which I used to make my way to the back of its neck. I plunged both my blades into its back and ruby red blood gushed out from the wound. The minotaur roared as I tried to pull the blade downwards to enlarge the wound. As I was halfway down its back, suddenly, it grabbed me with its gigantic arms and threw me half way through the hall. I was almost knocked out by the impact on the floor. I forced myself up.

It ran towards me in a battle charge. The ground shook with every step it took. I evaded it by quickly rolling to the left. I felt a shadow enveloping me. I gripped both my blades and was going for round 2 but it was already too late. It was the shadow of the maul and it landed straight on me. My vision went blank.

There was no sound, no minotaur roar, no stomping, nothing at all. Just peace..

A few moment later, I was awoken with a sharp pain piercing through the back of my neck. I sat up and opened my eyes. I realised that I was sitting in a pod-like bed. I rubbed the back of my neck as the pain was still there and to my surprise, I felt something metallic. It's round with smooth edges and in the middle there were holes arranged in a certain configuration, something like an electric socket. I examined my surroundings, what I saw shocked me. There were people all around me, sleeping in pods which look exactly like the one I was sleeping in. Some of them were mumbling, some displayed faces of fear while some others gnashed their teeth. Still in shock, I stood up and step out from my pod. I examined my pod and found stickers all over it, stickers with words "God of War by PlayStation". This means that the world I was in before waking up was just a game? It was too real to be a game, the pain was there, the warm blood that gushed out from the wound onto my hands was there, I felt the coldness of the blade that I was carrying.. It was more like a time machine that transported my consciousness back in time.


Could this be the future of gaming? It is just too damn scary to be just a game..

6 Comment(s):

Greynovember said...

hmm, new gaming platform for god of war?

Vincent said...

Not just GoW, a new gaming platform for all games. Any games from Guitar Hero to GoW and also to Metal Gear. It's a lil scary, no?

Greynovember said...

i dont know if i want to feel getting hurt.

Vincent said...

Imagine kena HE in CS.

Greynovember said...

HE is the bomb right?

imaging, 4-6 (kenot remember what gun) that sniper rifle kena. habis.

omg, i havent played CS in 4 years.

Vincent said...

Yep HE Grenade. 4-6 the sniper rifle with one shot kill. Mampus.. Time to revisit? Haha..