Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Friday, March 13, 2009

Life cut short...

It was so sudden. I thought it was a sick joke when I heard about it. A sick joke about a friend dying. As we made several calls later to confirm what happened, we found out the joke wasn't a joke after all. It came so sudden. I don't believe it. I don't want to believe it.

I went down with a couple of my friends to the house. Two coffins were laid there. Side by side. In front of it, was two pictures of people who I just saw a few weeks back in Kampar. As I looked into the caskets, the face looking back at me was a far cry from what I remember of both my friends. They were pale and was covered in thick make-up. What made this even worse was they were just beginning their life. This is the first funeral of a friend that I've attended. They are just 20. And one of them just celebrated their birthday a few weeks ago.

Both of them, Lup Man and Janice Saw passed on yesterday morning while being transfered from Kampar Hospital to Ipoh Hospital. They were involved in a horrible car accident. It was rumoured that it happened at a bend after Petronas Kampar and before the junction out to Kampar Old Town and Ipoh. They were sitting behind in a Honda City driven by their friend.

It has been very hard to comprehend that both of them are gone. Janice was a very close friend to me lady. Her boyfriend, Lup Man was a merry guy who treated us gas-less Heineken a few weeks back during Janice's birthday. I still remember what was written on the cake : "To my lover, Janice". Since yesterday, after paying my last respects to them, I'm still feeling very uncomfortable. My heart sank when the news was confirmed by her mum.

To those that knew Janice Saw and Lup Man, they have already passed on. Their funeral procession was held this morning in Lup Man's house in Ipoh.

To all who is reading this, do be careful on the road and do not drive with rage.

Goodbye Janice and Lup Man. May God bless your kind souls.

5 Comment(s):

Greynovember said...

hey vincent,

saw the news, saw the pics.

sorry to hear of this loss.

Vincent said...

Thanx Kev. It was on yesterday's China Press Evening Edition. I think it would be on Star n Straits Times by now.

Hoong Lyn said...

hey im utarian from kampar...heard about this incident...my condolence to their respective family...and to their friends...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this, and condolences to their family and friends.

I found the news here: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/3/13/nation/3472456&sec=nation

May God bless their soul. Amen.

Vincent said...

Hoong Lyn : Thanks.. I'm a Utarian too.

tokmoh : Yep I saw it there too. Btw thanx.