Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Friday, February 20, 2009

Shytmyx?

Recently it has been really laggy in here. No not in Blogspot. The Internet. Even a simple html page takes a few seconds to load, it used to just appear. Yes even though after I have cleared every user data off my Firefox. This leads me to question TM's Fair Usage Policy.

"TM is committed to ensuring our customers receive the best broadband service at the most competitive price. To achieve this goal, we provide a contended broadband service. This means our Internet bandwidth (capacity) is catered to be shared by all our customers at any one point in time, to ensure we provide a satisfactory and acceptable performance on an equal basis to all our customers."
~Taken from : http://www.streamyx.com.my/customer_care/customer_care.php?id=customer_care_fair_usage_policy

Satisfactory and acceptable performance on equal basis? So I assume if I'm suffering from slow connection here, then the others share the same fate as me. Before the Policy was announced, I enjoyed faster speeds. No P2P software was switched on then and now. Neither was Windows Live Messenger on. I don't think I fall in their category of 'heavy users' where speed(bandwidth) cuts are being applied since I rarely download or upload any large files.

So why am I suffering from a loss of bandwidth here? Are there any maintenance being made to the lines by TM? Or did they shut down a few servers since the economy doesn't look too good? Since they monopolise the Internet service provider (ISP) industry, I'm pretty sure they will take a long time to improve their services. Lucky for them that no other major ISPs are around.

Flipping the coin, we Malaysians are lucky to have broadband Internet connection which is much much faster than the dial-up one.

Maybe I should count my lucky stars instead of giving them a thumbs-down for their services.

2 Comment(s):

Greynovember said...

same here. nets on and off.

Vincent said...

Dunno wat happen. I haven't gotten disconnected yet but it lags very badly here.