Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

UNI-fied Life..

It's been a long time since I came in here. It's almost two weeks already right? Yes I promised to upload some quirky pictures in here right? Sorry I can't do it today because the cable that is supposed to connect my hand phone to the computer is lying idle at home. So is my hand phone, lying comfortably at home on the desk while it's been fed with electricity. By the way, I'm currently sitting in a cybercafe called SKY in Kampar New Town.

Alright. How's life there compared to the life back in Penang? Actually, they are almost the same.

Food is priced almost the same as in Penang (Maybe a lil expensive if you choose to dine in the Cafes here). There's two mamak stalls here, MM (Forgotten what the double M stands for already) and Ghany Corner. Both mamak have the worst service I have ever seen. The waiters in Ghany refuse to serve you and you have to wait quite some time before they take notice of you. On the other hand, waiting time in MM is not that long but they have an idiotic waiter working for them. He serves you with a blur look, ok nevermind that. Imagine this situation, it actually happened.

Me : Abang bagi ayam satu.
*Waiter kepits the ayam from the tray with his bare hands*
*Chuck it in a small transparent plastic bag and hands it to me*
Me : Saya mau panas mya.
*Waiter takes the plastic bag with the ayam from me*
*Waiter pops the plastic bag with the ayam in it in the microwave*
*Waiter starts the microwave*
*Passes it back to me when it's done*
I inspected the plastic bag and guess what I see?
There's pieces of chicken sticking to the plastic bag. WTF?

So the conclusion is, both mamak sucks. Personally I prefer MM, I love the Roti Hawaii (Imagine chicken chunks and pineapple chunks doused in cheese wrapped in a roti canai skin, it's delicious!) there. What choice do I have? Only two mamaks area available there. The chinese food here are ok, although recently they have just increased their price because of the sudden hike in petrol prices.

Entertainment you say? Well, we lead a very healthy life here in Kampar. At least most of us. We cycled to uni in the morning. Cycled back in the evenings. Walked out from Westlakes to Kampar New Town for dinner. Play badminton in the middle of the road or in our back alley when we're bored. Walk from block to block in between classes. Hmm.. I think that is all I can think of right now. Owh, campus is not that far from where I'm staying. Think around 1 - 2 KM. Neither is Kampar New Town. It's around the distance from my place to campus.

I heard someone asking me about lectures and classes. Ermmmm... Some lecturers are good. They do sound professional, they know what they are talking about and when to pause and when to skip. I say 'some', not all. Sure you do have your bunch of lousy lecturers here too. Yes they do their job by teaching, but to understand them is another matter to them. They just don't care. Is this uni life?

"Nows-a-days computers are very efficient."
-A computer science teacher.


"Are you understand?"
-An accounts teacher.

Classes usually start in the morning and end in the evening for me. They can start as early as 8am and they usually end at 6pm in the evening. This goes on for everyday except for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. On Friday, I'll be having a Maths tutorial from 8 to 9 in the morning and that's it for me. That would mean laundry would pile up at the end of the week. I hate washing a ton of laundry. Hmmmm...

Assignments are already given out. Peoples are already assigned to groups. Looks like I have the same people for all my subjects except for one. I'm supposed to find materials on Suffixes and Prefixes for English, an annual report on a public listed company with the letter from KLSE for Accounts, Laptop vs Desktop for Computer Studies and I can't remember what I should find for Economics. I have another two subjects if y0u are asking how many do I have. Maths (No group assignments yet) and Public Speaking (There will be a group presentation but no title is announced yet). So in total I have 6 subjects. 6 subjects to conquer and score!

People from the back, are you asking about friends? Yea sure I have met many friendly people here, no enemies yet (Which I hope I won't make any). The rumours you heard are true. Most of them are chinese educated. So what? Does that make them lower than thou? No. They are the same although some of them may not be fluent in English. Hey, at least they are trying! Sometimes I do have problems talking with them, I have to burden them by translating it into English for me. It seems that I have to play catch-up. I'm learning! I'm learning!

Adios I bid to my faithful readers for now. I shall be back. This I can promise you. Rest well and take care.

11 Comment(s):

TheJessicat said...

HOI! fINALLLLLLLYYYYYYY


yesyes.. it's been quite a while. called u some time back just to check on how things were over there. but being you as usual, TAK JAWAB TELEFON.

swak.

LOL. =D

me is the geram with lu nows-a-days.
are you the understood?

and wth are u taking math & accounts & computer for?? =S
Confused.

Vincent said...

Bukan tak deh jawab. DiGi memang tarak guna kat sini. Tak deh line! I can only get a bar in my room when I'm lucky!

I have to walk out to have a good conversation. Or else I'll only hear part of you.

It's foundation in arts Jess. I'm gonna major in Business Admin, which I hope I'm gonna love. lol.. I have my doubts on advertising. So maths, accounts is important. computer studies... hmmm.. it's quite crappy in the beginning.. I guess it'll be quite useful later on.

rachelK said...

seem like ur life tere quite good la ..
hope u improve ur network la.. sometime call u , cant really heard wat u toking bout 1..
so faster come back la . we miss u !! hehe

Vincent said...

Haha.. Okies. Yea the line here is quite bad. Separuh dengar separuh tak deh.

Anonymous said...

hahhahahahahaha, goodness the MM mamak. MM = mamak mental.

btw, uni life is like that. everything on the outside is great, but once you are in, its like well...that.

you'll get used to it. i did in UKM. i think.

Vincent said...

lol.. Yea Mamak Mental.

I guess it's like that. Just another phase of life. How's the working phase for you?

Anonymous said...

just try to keep sane and watch your back from stabbers bro. they come from anywhere everywhere. especially with your projects and assignments.

working is not bad at all. i got into a nice working environment. ppl are friendly and its a job i think i will grow to like.

Vincent said...

Kev : Good to hear that from you. Glad that you are enjoying your job. Thanx for the advice, haven't encountered any so far. Hope I won't! =)

Name A Star said...

wah,,, lots of story u wrote about Uni life..
i even can;t finished reading all ...
my eyes tearing when i reading/...

Vincent said...

Walau.. read till your eyes are tearing? You shouldn't only blog when you're sad. Write about anything you want, it's yours! =)

Name A Star said...

yea i know .. it time to upgrade