Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the empty milk bottle..

I screamed and cried for more milk as my empty milk bottle lay beside me. It was half empty when it was given to me. I cried and sob but no one took notice of me. half full

I began to wonder what have I done to receive this. Are my parents asleep? That can't be, I just saw them a while ago and it's already late noon. Is this a punishment? No! I have not done anything wrong. Why am I being ignored? Why am I abandoned?

Dark clouds of anger began to form around me. It was a little one in the beginning. As time passes it grew bigger. It swirled intensely and shook violently with lightning jutting out as my rage begins to build up. I SHALL NOT BE ABANDONED LIKE THIS! I'LL GET YOU ONCE I AM OUT OF HERE! YOU WILL PAY! I HATE YOU! When those words exploded into my mind, the cloud was already a bright red swirling mass of hatred. I flail my arms and legs in the air in frustration and shouting even more violently.

The swirling mass of emotion began to show sign of overdose. It begins to vibrate and white light soon came out of cracks forming on it. Soon the cloud starts to fall apart. The cracks opened up. Pieces of the cloud ejected from it like the same pole of the magnet opposing each other. The white light is getting brighter by the moment. The air around it is heated up and starts running amok. Then the cloud collapses into its own core. Everything became silent but it was only momentarily. In a blink of an eye the cloud expanded rapidly and exploded. My world twisted and colours began to turn into shades of white. Soon everything disappeared. Outline of images disappeared and it's all white.

What have I done? Where am I? How do I end up here? Am I dead? Am I? I am. The chain of events starts rewinding back. My parents gave me a half empty bottle of milk. Filled with greed, I snatched it from their hands. In my hastiness to grab the bottle, I lost my grip and it fell down onto the floor. I looked up and my parents were gone. After that, the chaos began.

The bottle wasn't half empty, it was half full. I was supposed to fill the other half by myself. It was my half of the deal. I have to stand up for myself. I have to fight for myself. But I did not. I am here now because of my actions. It is already too late to realise how foolish I am. I am sorry mum and dad. I could have been better. There's no point crying over spilt milk now.


-challenged by jess
gotta hit the sack, it's already 4.15am now.

4 Comment(s):

TheJessicat said...

nice one vinz. i could feel the pessimism & self-doubt within the first few parts


It's my turn to take on yr challenge

=)

Vincent said...

it could hv been longer but the juices were out at 4.15am..

TheJessicat said...

nah. to long it'll become lengthy n boring.

i like it

Vincent said...

thank you. i'm still waiting for yours.. i wonder how will it turn out..