Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Friday, March 14, 2008

Abstract but Concrete.

Love. A simple four lettered word can be so confusing at times. I felt compelled to write about love after reading Sim's post on The Meaning Of Love To Kids.

What is love?
Wikipedia - The word love has many different meanings in English, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that meal") to something one would die for (ideals, family). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love. Probably due to its psychological relevance, love is one of the most common themes in art and music.

Love-Sessions
What is love? It is one of the most difficult questions for the mankind. Centuries have passed by, relationships have bloomed and so has love. But no one can give the proper definition of love. To some “Love is friendship set on fire” for others “Maybe love is like luck. You have to go all the way to find it”. No matter how you define it or feel it, love is the eternal truth in the history of mankind...

Stacey Chillemi - Meaning Of Love
My days have so much more meaning when their spent with you.
I am so much happier when I am with you because of the love you show me.
My love and joy for you reborn each day when I realize that I have you by my side.
It is wonderful to know that we feel the same for each other.
Our life is one happy dream.
You taught me what the true meaning of love is
Not only my love for you, but also the importance to give to others
I yearn for you all the time
You have a heart filled with gold.
I belong to you.
All my love, my soul is yours and only yours.

Why is it abstract?
It is like the wind. You can't see it but it's definitely there and you can feel it. It is just a label when someone shows affection for someone or something.

How bout concrete?
The act of love is projected into reality through many different ways. It may be a simple peck on the cheek or it could be an intense love-making session. It can take many forms when it is projected out. An act done with love is love itself. It becomes the embodiment of love.

Why love?
Why do we love? Somehow love acts as a counter for hate. A positive for all the negatives to keep the world balanced. When there is hate, there is bound to be love. The difference between hate and love can sometimes be a razor-thin line. Apart from being involved in the yin yang battle, love is important to all living things to procreate. Without love, we would not get a child from our spouses. Without love, the child will die. In the end, the world would stop spinning and come to a complete halt if love is absent. Money doesn't really make the world go round. Love does.

0 Comment(s):