Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Life ver. 2?

Please read this with an open mind, it might sound a lil controversial.

Have you ever wondered where will we go after we pass on? Is there really an afterlife? Is it Heaven or Hell? Do you really meet your maker? This questions has been haunting us, mankind for as long as we exist. Still there is no answer on what will happen to us after we die. It still remains unknown to most of us. (Some have claimed that they have seen the afterworld, that's why I used the word 'most') This fear of the unknown has led some of us to fear death itself. We will all meet Death one day. There is no escape. Death is imminent. It will claim us when our time here is up.

I might sound like I'm believing in the obsidian bewinged figure which dons a long black coat while carrying a long and wicked scythe that descends on us when our time is up and claims our soul but no, I do not believe in such stories. However I do have some doubts on how religion perceives the afterlife. By questioning this, I questioning a far greater power. I'm asking what mankind has always been curious about, is there God?

I'm not too sure if the Big Guy upstairs really exists, but I'm sure that the things that happen are the result of our own work.

I believe that when we die, we actually fall into a deep long sleep. Then the afterlife is like your dream, each of us would have a different dream, a different afterlife. This is what I think it would be like. This is just my opinion, please don't take it too seriously.

There is another question I would like to ask, I can't seem to answer it as both path are possible. Do you really get a second chance at life if you are brought back after being dead for years? With the condition of our body is kept in a perfect condition, meaning no rot has taken place. Can we assemble our own human being if one day we managed to manufacture all our vital organs? Imagine a car, if you have all the parts fixed at the right places, you turn the ignition, it switches on. Apply the same concept on a human body, can it work? If it does work, will the body retain its memories? Will he function like a normal human being? Is he who he is after all those years? Thinking about all these in the middle of the quiet night is a lil disturbing.. Night folks. Hope I got you wondering!

2 Comment(s):

TheJessicat said...

certain things are better kept unexplained. :) and yes, He rlly does exist. it's a relationship with God that makes u at peace.

Vincent said...

I guess that is how it should always be. Can't expect someone to come back from the dead and told you he saw Hell or flapping angels.. You'll be calling him a total bull.