Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shocking Batu Feringgi experience

I'm sure everyone knows Batu Feringgi in Penang for its tourist belts where tons of quirky and pirated stuff can be found. However, the traders there are practising double standards. Here's what happened to me :

Me and me lady was checking out some accessories at a stall. Then a Caucasian tourist came and began to browse through the stall's items as well. Suddenly, the stall owner, an old uncle rudely said in hokkien, "Can you not disturb me doing my business, there are people who are interested in my products. It looks like you are just playing around and not interested in buying them."

Both me and me lady was like what the hell is wrong with you uncle??? You just shooed a potential customer away!


Is this how they should treat their own people? Come on uncle, its not like I do not have the ability to pay for your wares. Any local or foreigner reading this should just boycott them for their snobbish attitude.

If you are asking which uncle is it, his stall is next to a clothes stall which is opposite a stall selling RM4 per piece DVDs.

2 Comment(s):

TheJessicat said...

Just fuckin glare at him n walk off. SUCH RUDENESS OMG

Vincent said...

Yeah both of us was pissed when he said that. Such double standards!!