Big Black Book

bad ass book of doom? not quite yet...

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Flipping the coin

Have you ever received emails forwarded to you with titles like 'Beware of this guy' or 'Dangerous guy'? I'm sure you have.

And this is how it usually begins :

There's a student from PC1 by the name of XXX has been known as a serious and problematic Casanova (playboy) in PLAYBOYLAND.

Oh and it has a picture of the handsome playboy attached to it too.

Photobucket

I even received one with comments from witnesses of the crime the accused committed.

witness 1# (SOT student)
XXX has been a very nice friend when I started to know him. He's very caring and understanding and he use to treat me very differently from my other girl course mates till one day, I receive his sms telling me that he likes me and hope to be 'special friends' with me. I was touched in the way that he is really caring and he always be there for me when I need him. We've been together for almost 2 weeks when suddenly he changed. Before I was with him, I was still untouched (virgin). But he kept on asking for it and out of love, I gave it to him on our first week of dating. He had a very strong sexual desire that I couldn't stand him for asking it again and again. After that, he started to control my personal life. Wherever I go, I was force to report to him if not he would quarrel with me. I tried to be patient and I keep on telling myself that this boy loves me so I don't bother much even if he tried to control my life. But one day I was shocked to know that he was actually going after my best friend. What worst is, they actually been sexually involved!! After that we broke up and I don't want him to appear ever in my life.

witness 2# (SAD student)
We have been good friends when he was still in Engineering School. But something happened in the middle of our friendship and I tried to stay away from him ever since. I told him once that I've been secretly in love with a girl from another school and he has there to listen to my pourings. Till one day I realize how stupid I am to believe in him. He was actually chasing after the girl I like behind my back. I felt betrayed. What a fool I am to believe in him! Though I never confront him about the incident, but I will never forget about it.

witness 3# (requested to hide the name of her school)
I don't really know XXX in person but I heard a lot about him from few friends of mine. I heard that he'd been going after girls around the college and telling them that they're the only one in his life. One of my friends had even been in touch with him and she told me that he tried to ask for a couple in just one week after they met. But at the same time, he was going after another friend of mine where I accidentally found out when she was chatting with her best friend. What a playboy he is!

witness 4# (secondary school friend)
XXX ah, that guy use to be a geek in our school. He always pretend as if he knows everything. Many time when we were chatting, he would come out suddenly from no where and interrupted out conversations. Almost the guys in our class didn't like him and we tried to ask him to stay away. He was being anti during his days in VI. Well, he finally shifted school at the end. I never heard anything bout him after that till I came to XXX. Never thought he'll be such Casanova. Even better than me. Ha! ha! few girls at a time. What a loser to let people look down on him.

I think that's enough of witness testimonials. In total there were 12 testimonials on XXX.

Then the email ends with an advice to be extra careful around this guy.

However, when some thought is put into it, the accused might be the victim here. Sure, this may look like a community service message by asking people to beware of this 'crazed' fellow but it may also be an attack when he is accused of crimes he did not commit.

We should also question the credibility of the author when reading emails like these. Who is the author? What are his/her motives of doing this? Is he/she a jealous friend? Did he/she do this out of hatred? Vengeance? Or is he/she really trying to inform?

These kind of emails should be taken with a pinch of salt. What you are reading is just being told from one perspective. The witness testimonials might even be the work of the author him/herself. There is always two sides to a coin. Think about it.

0 Comment(s):